need help with coping with exhaustion! have a 4 week baby and i am tired all the time, have fainted twice and feel like i cant cope anymore

mammacat8888

Asked by mammacat8888 at 6:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you taking your vitamins? Eating? Breast feeding? Dringking enough water? Sleeping?
    See the Dr.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• to help oyu relax, drink a tea called tension tamer. its a healthy way to relax. another thing to ask, do you have reliable help? does anyone want to help you neice, sister, aunt parents? ask them to watch her for afew hours. even if it's in your place. drink a cup of tension tamer mixed with sleepy time. that gave me four hours of blissful sleep while i was in my third trimester and was moving into our new place. i hope this helps.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You need to ask for help. Do you have any friends or family near you that can help you out for a couple days until you are feeling well again?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree with most of the above (never heard of that tea and not sure if it's safe or not if you are breast feeding).

Get plenty of water, make sure your nutritional needs are being met, talk to your doctor, talk to your support system. Best advice anyone can give you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you need to sleep when the baby is asleep....the housework can get caught up later. Dont worry, things will get easier!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was going to say that too LuvMyMedic.... Sleep when the baby sleeps. Try to get your SO or DH to help you when he can so that you can shower or nap. As the others have said try to make sure that you are getting enough vitamins and eating enough. It will get easier.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If you are fainting it would be a good idea to have a checkup too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Could you be anemic? Let the house get messy. Have someone come over for a few hours so you can sleep. It's rough and it won't get better for awhile, so you need to find some help with friends or family.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Shanna84 is thinking what I'm thinking. I was severely anemic after I had my first son and my doc put me on these huge iron pills, which did eventually help. But I did feel very week and tired, I had no appetite and had trouble nursing. I lost most of my preg weight in 3 weeks, and my doctor definitely thinks it was from the anemia. That can be checked with a simple blood test. Good luck!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Thank you so much for the great advice! im going to see the Dr and try to get some help. Unfortunately i dont live in my country and i dont have anybody here, only my husband who works all day. My baby is also quite fussy and refuses to nap! so not only i dont rest, i cant eat properly because i dont have time to cook! anyway, thank you again and i will try to follow up on all the recomendations
    mammacat8888

Comment by mammacat8888 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2010