Why is it bad to spray out a poop cloth diaper in the yard?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 6:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• You can get parasites that way. They live in excrement and some of them can travel into your body when you walk through the yard without shoes one. You're basically creating an environment where they can thrive and that's pretty close to the definition of "unsanitary"
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• human waste is very unhealthy for the environment
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my dog poops in the back yard...is that different
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ya, human waste has different things in it. We eat different things and our bodys process it all different
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my neighbor does it
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 6:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• "my dog poops in the back yard...is that different"

Not really. That's why generally people scoop it up and either throw it in the garbage or have a designated spot on the property for it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have talked to her about it saying "I thought you cloth diapered to help the earth... it seems like a bad idea to put human waste in the yard" she said "Yeah I did because of the landfills and all the disposables filling them up. There is nothing wrong with spraying the poop off in the back yard." I know it is bad I mean it just CAN NOT be good. But WHY exactly is it bad?
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 7:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think beckcorc answered it perfectly. Tell your neighbor there is a reason we don't drop crap in our backyards, it is full of bacteria. I would call on her, this is bad for everyone around her.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• "this is bad for everyone around her"
    Because of like run off rain water or...?
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• OK for millions of years people and animals have been pooping outside....now we are so civilized that a few dog poops must be thrown in the trash?!?!?!?! I agree that if I washed them out in the same spot every time that I wouldnt want to go have a picnic right there...but really. Over sensitive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2010