Stood Up

Yesterday I asked a question on here. My friend stood me up, she called and said she was "too sick" to go out with me. When I had been looking forward to it all week. Because all I ever do is take care of my kids, and my sister's kids. And now I'm really bummed out. EVERYONE THAT ANSWERED ME you told me to stop being so selfish and take her some SOUP! Well just so you know, she did go out last night, just not with me. So thanks for making me feel better! So now, do I have a right to be mad at my friend? Should I ask her about it? or Should I drop it, and wait around for the next time I might be able to go do something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't bother with that friend for awhile, if ever, since she lied. I would personally be tempted to call her out on it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yep, call her out on it. She obviously isn't a very good friend and I wouldn't bother pursuing this friendship any longer.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'd let her know that you know. And if you happen to find yourself stranded like that again, take yourself to a movie or even to the library. Everyone who cares for little ones needs some peace and quiet once in a while. I used to go to the library and read all the magazines that I couldn't afford to buy.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Move on she is a terrible friend.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I remember your post and also noted that it didn't seem that you were stood up because you knew before you were supposed to go out that she was sick. Maybe I misread that though.

I do think that if she blew you off to go out, she is a terrible friend and I would just make myself unavailable to her. If she questions it, just nonchalantly say that you will only make solid plans with her.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Tell her sarcastically that you are glad she feels so much better!

It's better to have NO friends than a friend like that. I'd forget about her.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just make a sideways comment like "I'm glad you were feeling well enough to go out last night. I hope you had fun." She'll know what that means. And just leave it at that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ask her why the hell did you lie to me, you don't have to sugar coat nothing with her, yea this happened to me recently, my BFF told me she couldn't find her ID she we couldn't go out, I was already dressed and ready, she called me and told me this, well I got my SO to go with me and when we got there guess who came strollin in... yep her, she just assumed I wasn't gonna go since she wasn't but she was there with another one of her friends... ughh y do people feel like they gotta lie, i just blew her off I have bigger things in my life to worry about rather than shady friends!
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010