Has anyone had a 30 weeker? If so how is he or she?

I was admitted to the hospital after going to my routine check up and found that I was 2cm dialated. The following day my water broke but she hasn't came yet so I'm setting in the hopital worring. Not knowing the out come of what could happen to her. Any advise out there?

Mz.K82

Asked by Mz.K82 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My DD was born at 28 1/2 weeks - delivered via emergency c-section after all efforts to stop labor failed. The doctors warned of us of what her future MIGHT be - may not be able to walk, talk, see, hear, learn, etc. They didn't really know but wanted to prepare us just in case, imo. I'm happy to report she is doing great! She's a perfectly normal 10 year old, straight-A student, involved in sports and activities, plays a musical instrument and doesn't let anything get in her way.

My advice would be to listen to what the doctors tell you but try your best not to let it overwhelm you; there will be a lot of information coming your way. Ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem. Expect that if you deliver early, your baby may have to spend time in the NICU. This is the absolutely best place for her to be. Girls typically do better in these situations than boys so that may be an advantage. Best of luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well last yr my sister-in-law's water broke at 34 weeks they tried to give the baby a little more time but it did not work. She was delivered by C-section and she weighed 4lbs 1oz had a little trouble breathing at first. She got to go home 3wks later and she just had her first birthday on Oct 12 and she is doing fine.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• After your baby is born she will be placed in the NICU. Since your just 30wks your baby might be in the NICU for 6-8wks.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Good luck! I had a 28 weeker , he had to stay in the nicu for 8 weeks, but he is now a healthy 4 year old tomorrow! Docs. have more of a handle on these things now days! hope everything goes well with you and baby!
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my husband's cousin's water broke early but they were able to delay things for a good long while. can't remember how long though :)

my son was born at 33 weeks. he is 5 months old now and doing great. he was in the NICU until he was 37 weeks and that was so hard! i agree with PP about the "girl" thing. many of the smaller/younger girls were doing better than my boy. :-) good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! feel free to message me if you want to ask me questions
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i have read that almost all babies born after 30 weeks end up perfect, after their 5-10 weeks in the NICU.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had a preemie at 33 weeks 5 days he was 4lbs 4oz at birth and only stayed in the hospital 11 days he is a healthy 8 year old now technology gets better and better but the longer you can keep you LO in the better good luck!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010