Paranormal?

Do you believe in ghosts, goblins, demons, etc.. Do you believe there are good spirits and evil spirits?

Do you believe in demons? If so, where do the demons come from?

If you believe in demons but do not believe in God why is that?

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 8:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Funny, this came up in our Sunday School class this week and I've been thinking a lot about it. I do believe in God, but I don't think that means I can't believe in ghosts and spirits. I also don't believe that by believing in the spirit realm that we are believing in reincarnation (which is what the point was in class). I know I have seen things that are not of this world. To say that the spirit world can not exists is, in my opinion, being completely closed minded and obtuse. I think there are good spirits and that there are bad spirits, not that all of the spirits here are evil. I also do not believe that we are automatically with God when we die (another point from class), I don't think we will be judged until the judgement day, so that - to me - means that anyone who has died could have the potential to be a spirit.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I do believe in angels and ghosts even though I personally haven't experienced them. I do think some spirits can be negative.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We have several ghosts/spirits in our house. One we brought with us from our previous house, we call him George. At least I think it's a "he". The other two are hubby's dad and our son pops in once in a while. I've also had visits from my favorite grandma.

Aside from that, we both have had experiences with nasty things. Demons/evil spirits/whatever. They were very dark and not very nice. 

That's just a few of the recent experiences. So, yes, I believe in the paranormal. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Also, I think there are 7 kinds of ghosts: http://www.saint-mike.org/warfare/library/wp-content/docs/7ghosts.asp

1. Those suffering some purgatorial purification 2. Purgatorial ghosts who might have been so material minded in their earthly life that they can't detach themselves 3. Those who don't yet realize they are dead 4. demons disguised as dead loved ones and not the human persons themselves 5. Spirits of dead friends and family who appear unbidden at God's will, not ours, with messages of hope and love 6. Ghost performing a certain scene repetitively (residual) 7. Astral projections (or bi-location) of living people

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 11:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Angels are good. Demons are bad angels. I have never met a good demon. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Do you believe in ghosts, goblins, demons, etc..  YES

Do you believe there are good spirits and evil spirits? Yes

Do you believe in demons? If so, where do the demons come from? Yes, they are simply a lower life from which exists on a spiritual level rather than a physical one, as we do. They aren't necessarily evil or bad...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If you believe in demons but do not believe in God why is that? Well, I believe in both, so that doesn't apply. Demons are lesser beings, Gods are the Highest Spiritual Beings...  As a note "Ghosts" are equal just spiritual (they are us, in spirit form), and since Angels came up, they are also higher beings, just not as high as the Gods...

Again, please note Higher does NOT mean better, or perfect, simply "stronger" spiritually.

Lesser, in turn does not equate evil or bad, simply "weaker."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have never met a good demon.

Sorry, but this made me smile... How many demons have you met exactly?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I believe in negative and positive energy which occurs naturally in all living things and that remains behind after death. I don't believe 'ghosts' are the 'souls' of dead people, I don't believe in demons, angels or Gods and I think poltergeist activity is caused either by natural energy or by humans themselves.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• are you adding angels to this? because i know for a fact that they are real. and yes there are ghosts, i've seen my dead grandma and grandpa afew times after i moved back to my home state. i see people in the house when i'm the only one home. not to sure about demons. never dealt with them. only angels and ghosts.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2010