What's the point in smoking pot? I think it is so scummy. Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What is the point in drinking? I'm quite sure not all pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. AND to clarify, no I do not smoke pot.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't know if you can classify ALL pot smokers that way. It's like saying "all people who post anonymously are cowards. I think posting anonymously is cowardly."
    Why do people smoke cigarrettes or drink alcohol? Same reasons, addiction, for fun, to fit in.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I do not spoke pot. I do know a couple people who do for medical reasons. Yes it does help them quite a bit. I am one who does not understand the recreational use.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree and would add selfish and immature.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Really, I have a friend who went through a very intense round of Chemo for cancer and she smoked it. It helped with the nausea. I do not think she is a lazy person and infact she is a very strong and brave person. I do not believe all people that smoke pot are lazy or lack ambition.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I don't smoke pot either, but that is a crazy generalization. That's like saying all drinkers are violent jerks because I know someone who is a violent jerk when they drink.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That's like saying that someone on welfare or government aid is lazy. They don't want to work so they live off of us that do.

Really? Think about what you say if you have that ability.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Both my parents smoked pot, i think my dad still does. He is a retired pediatrician...LOL! He's a pretty smart fellow. Runs every day, plays golf, volunteers at Grady Hospital here in Atlanta. I don't smoke it. I have before, i do not like that i can eat like a pig on it. I just won't stop eating. I just don't get full when i am on it. Gave that up a long time ago.

I also have a few friends that still smoke it regularly. One of them is a school teacher, the other is a personal trainer & one of them runs her own appraisal business. None of them are lazy or lack ambition. I think your opinions is quite prejudice.

I do think though, that some people smoke it when they are depressed. I think pot is bad for depression, because i think it can enhance some of those chatacteristics that you mentioned. It's obvious that you don't know too many pot smokers. Maybe the ones you know are losers.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That is a complete and total stereo-type. You'd be surprised who smokes a little weed, but are still outstanding members of society, that want to do nothing but good for people. Of course a predominant member of the community isnt goin to tell the world he likes to catch a buzz when hes stressed out. But the small town i live in, most of the people are mid to upper middle class. Most of them run successful businesses, show up to work on time everyday, make sure they get their business taken care of. No i am not a weed smoker either... i was at one time, but not any longer. Marijuana is also not th gateway drug, i kno a few people that shoot up heroin, but theyve never smoked weed in their life. and most of the potheads i kno have never done anything but smoke some weed. I promise if you could drug test all of the most prodominant upstanding citizens in your county, I think you would be highly surprised with the results.

Savage640

Answer by Savage640 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't smoke pot, nor have I ever tried it. But I don't know if I'd agree that all are lazy, etc. I don't think it's responsible to do if one has children but that's my opinion.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2010