I got into a heated debate with my hubby and he told me I am just like my father!

He said my father doesn't trust anyone and does not have a lot of friends. My father is going through alz and hubby hit below the belt. Meanwhile I have to be lovey dovey with his parents and sister . It is so unfair. I am at his mother's beck and call because she got sicka nd he does not see that. His sister does nothing. Please help , he said we don't have friends either and he blames me. Meanwhile he cut me off all his extra curricular activites with work and convention. What should I say to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Then step away from what you feel obligated to do with his family. And tell him "If I'm such a burdon on you then I don't need to participate with you anymore." and leave it at that. I had to tell my husband that at one point and he had a bit of a wake up call. If someone thinks I'm such a bad person then they can bug off. I don't care who they are.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Honestly I don'[ know. I know that personally I couldn't be in a situation like that. Im a very strongwilled person and stubborn lol. best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Don't sweat it. Sure it is rude and he was out of line. He should be told that it is unacceptable to say. But the truth is we are like our parents. Unfortunately for better or worse! I'm like my mom and my hubby is just like his mom. So there may be some truth in his statement. Alas it is still rude but not worth losing your marriage over!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• So long, Farewell, Auwiedersein.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010