Abortion.

Do you use views on this topic as a deciding factor on who you vote for?

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 8:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It would be part of it. I don't think I would have one myself, but I definitely believe in protecting women's rights to decide, especially victims of rape and incest. I also think each woman would need to make that decision for herself (with her doctor) if her health or the health of the fetus were in jeopardy. I would not knowingly back a candidate who is not pro-choice to some extent.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• To a point ... I never really believe what a politician says during the campaign.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• For me it's part of the package. I try to look at all of the views I can in a candiate and vote for the lesser of the two evils. I've yet to find one that I agree with 100%.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Somewhat. I will not vote for a candidate that comes right out and tells you he/she wants to take away a women's right to choose. I think certain rights should be protected at all cost, including women have reproductive choices.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It certainly is an issue that I consider. I think that if a candidate is strong enough to stand up for women's reproductive freedoms, as well as the equal rights of GLBTs, and not pander to the Religious Right, I'd tend to trust that candidate to be more upfront and honest with other issues as well. Let's say that it would be part of a litmus test, and if I agree on other issues that that candidate represents, this would definitely be the clincher.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yes--I vote for candidates who do not want to tell people how to make personal decisions and don't want the Government to have that much control over people,
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• To be honest no. Abortions is the less of my worries when he comes to choosing. Yes it's a plus if the person I'm voting for shares the same views as I do on this topic.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No. I feel that there are far bigger issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well it's definitely a part of it. If a politician doesn't believe in my right to what happens to my own body, then they're not going to care about how I live.
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 11:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I do. It's part of what I look at. It's not my complete deciding factor, but it is indeed a factor. Generally though, if the candidate is for it, I'm against them. What other section of people should be watching their backs around this person?
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010