• In the Spotlight:

Do i have to have a belly for the doctors to know the gender of my baby?!

Today im going to the OBGYN for a regular check up and today we're going to schedule a day for me to get an ultra sound to find out the gender of my baby..i dont have a belly STILL so im worried that if i dont have a belly they wont be able to see it! is that a problem?!?!?!

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 12:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• (Con) also because i dont have a belly they wont say "your baby isnt big enough to tell" because i dont have a belly! =[ im scared and cant wait to find out but im afraid that NOT having a belly will stop me from knowing
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• No, it just matters how your baby is sitting at the time of peeking.

Good Luck
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no, you just need to be about 20 weeks pregnant. :) the baby is gonna be the same size whether you are showing or not :) with my first I looked like I was 3 months pregnant on my due date.
    Anonymous

• Even if you don't look like you have a belly, your uterus has still been growing, and so has the baby. Depending on how far along you are, they should have no problem seeing the baby =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Alright well in massachusetts we all find out between 16-18 weeks and theyre pretty damn accurate and they said its rare that they do it from 18-20 weeks.
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• well then why the heck did you ask if you think your doctors are right? LOL you're gonna be rude to me for my opinion.
    Anonymous

• no im not gonna be rude...please dont assume, i just have alot of stress going on and im trying not to stress or yell at others lol..so im sorry if i sometimes come off as a royal bitch lol...

i was just wondering if it was a belly thing..im just pointing out that i have no belly and i wasnt sure if that would affect the 16-18 weeks
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• OK sweetie :) I totally understand the hormones and stress LOL :)

the reason I said 20 was because that's always when my docs did it, they said it's better then because baby has more fat so things are more pronounced on the US. 16-18 weeks, they are still skinny and sometimes it's hard to tell. But if you have a good tech, I've heard of them telling you as early as 15 weeks.

being told girl earlier is the one that's more often false if the testicles haven't descended yet.
    Anonymous

• yeah i heard that usually when they say its a girl it usually happens to be wrong..15 weeks! i once heard 12 weeks and when i mentioned that to my family they laughed at me...lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i wasnt showing at 20 weeks at all so i didnt really believe there was a baby in me but on the screen they saw the baby he just had his legs closed so tightly they couldnt tell i had to wait 2 more weeks to find out hes a boy! i didnt start to show until i was like 6 months but they say u cant tell a baby by ur belly hes probably in there healthy u just cant see it from the outside
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2008