What would YOU have done?

I went to Target, bought groceries and WIC, and at the checkout the young man gave me CASH back after I used a WIC check. I could tell he was new- so I told him that I didn't get cash back from WIC... I could have gotten $27 FREE ... What would YOU have done? I asked myself WWJD, but I still feel guilty for not taking free money...

MommyVick

Asked by MommyVick at 3:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• Given it back!
    Anonymous

• I do understand the temptation but it's not free money. Somebody has to pay for their loses and that is us the consumer.
    violetaquinnah

Answer by violetaquinnah at 3:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You did the right, honest thing, and you feel guilty? I admire what you did because it demonstrates a great deal of character. Maybe I didn't understand. Do you feel guilty because you could have purchased more food for your family? Your character is your legacy. Your family will get buy on what you have purchased so you are feeding them physical food as well as spiritual food. Both are important to a healthy life! Good job, Mama!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• No, you did the right thing by giving it back. $27 is not worth having that on your conscience. Good job. Be proud of yourself.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• you did the right thing, poor guy would of gotten in trouble, now if yu hadn't know than it would of been different, but be proud of yourself for being an honest person.
    lovelytwinmomma

Answer by lovelytwinmomma at 4:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• How can you feel guilty for doing the right thing? I alredy paid for your child's food with my taxes, now you want more? Whatever..........at least you gave it back, but if you ask this question you need to look inside at your ethics and morals.
    Anonymous

• I would've been tempted to keep it, but i would've done exactly what you did.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Back when i was young i would have kept it, but now there is no way iw ould of kept it, especially if i could tell he was new.
    toni01rh

Answer by toni01rh at 6:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• UGH, I HATE These annonymous snots that can't show their names! Yeah yeah, so you're PERFECT, blah blah. Just wait...one of these days you'll need assistance and you'll know what it feels like...

To the OP, good job...you did the right thing :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It wasn't "free money" and I'm offended that you think that way. I'm glad you did do the right thing, but you knew deep down that money wasn't yours to take.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008