How do you handle working with such crass people here on CM?

I understand that CM is not the REAL world. I understand my addiction. But isnt it so interesting how people can be so rude and insensitive to people that they dont even know?

Is that how they are in person? How do you handle rude people here on CM, especially when they answer your questions?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• egh, in a way it is like real life.. like work. You got people you learn to like and people you learn to really dislike.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Depends on my mood ... sometimes I will fire right back, other times, I just laugh at them. Read their comments to my hubby so he can have a good laugh too.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• People hid behind their screen names. I try to avoid those types of people whenever I can, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Why take the bait? It is just to get a reaction ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• block, ignore, delete

one of those options fits
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I serve them a bit of their own medicine!

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• in my experience, CM is very much like the real world...just a bit less sensored. people feel brave behind their keyboards because there are no real consequences for thier words. i think people online simply say what they would only think in real life. its just a bit more honesty online as opposed to the false niceties we are taught to display in real life.as for dealing with it, i either appreciate the honesty and use it to re-evaluate my own thoughts or ignore it alltogether...depending on how true i believe the comments to be.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There are a few people here that seem to be rude just for the sake of being rude. It's like they don't care that there's an actual, real person behind the screen name they're blasting. Heated debate and controversial topics are one thing--I expect some heatedness there. But there are a few ladies here who just strike me as insensitive and vicious. I try to avoid them if at all possible.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's easy to be mean and rude to someone via the computer. You don't have to look at them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well it gets annoying... I try NOT to serve their own medicine as I feel that they have probably gotten used to hearing that sort of response. I find that when I make an effort to discuss their annoyances with me... They get even more perturbed.

35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2010