San Antonio Question...

my husband and i are going to San Antonio, TX to celebrate our 5th anniversary this Sat thru next Tues. for those that live there or have visited what are places to must see and eat? we are staying in a hotel near the river walk [downtown?] and will not have a car. thanks!

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 9:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Travel

• The Alamo, of course! The River Walk was also very nice when we visited several years ago.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I live in Northcentral San Antonio. Riverwalk is beautiful with many great restaurants. The Alamo is right next to it, within walking distance. There is also Tower of the America's (I think is what it's called) which is like the Space Needle. There are guided boat tours of the River at Riverwalk which are a must. The tour guides are also very funny. There is a wax museum, ripley's believe it or not, haunted adventure, and guiness book of world records museums in Alamo plaza. Lots to do!! Please feel free to email me if you have any more questions at amhpixie@hotmail.com. Have a great time visiting!!!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• This restaurant is a must! I love this place it is on the riverwalk and it is called Dick's last resort. It is not a romantic place at all...and there servers are dicks...but it is so much fun I love it!! The was museum is a good one and the riverwalk boat tour is nice. The alamo is a must and all of this is right around the riverwalk...all walking distance. There are also some carriage rides that is fun to do as a couple if you two like things like that. If you find the wax museum there is a bunch of stuff just on that one street...Hope you have fun and congrats on your anniversary and hope there are many more years to come!! Have fun in san antonio!!

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We enjoy brousing Commerce Square and eating at Mi Tierra's. Your hotel may offer complimentary trolley tickets, but if not I think the trolley's are pretty cheap to use.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Such a great city.... we stayed at the Marriott on the Riverwalk, beautiful and were able to have our breakfast on our balcony overlooking the river, spent lots of time on the Riverwalk, so much to see and do, took the boat ride several times each day as we saw so much each time, lunch at the Guenther House that was a mill for Pioneer flour, super food and beautiful house, evening carriage ride, Sea World, had the best guacamole, prepared at our table, can't remember the name of the restaurant. One of our special vacations.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ah...the riverwalk is amazing and you will not have a hard time finding a restaurant as they are lined up on both sides of the riverwalk. Sis Flags is there as well as Sea World.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The San Antonio Zoo is one of the top ten zoos in the country.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The river walk is perfect! It's gorgeous and there is sooo much to do right there. Trust me You'll love it and I've never been to a restaurant on the riverwalk I didn't like
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• have fun
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• has anyone gone to the San Antonio Rose Live Classic Country Music Show ? we are not huge country music fans but this seems like fun.
    AgentBrez

Comment by AgentBrez (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010