I was thinking about christmas.

my kids have really not been good at all, the older ones. i dont really feel like spending much.. what would u do,

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 10:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that Christmas is a time to GIVE! And for us Catholic's it is a beautiful time of the year! We also celebrate Santa Clause, and we spend about 200-300 per child each year (5 kids) but if they were older and did not deserve that, I would give them one gift from you and DH to inforce the giving of the season and that is all! Make it a lesson, and have them volunteer at the local soup kitchen to help them appreciate things mpore!~
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think you should sneak a chunk of coal into their stocking/gift! Lol.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I honestly would do the same that I have always done. It's not neccessarily about getting your kids to be good all year. It's the magic of the season. No one has perfect children (and if they do, I would like to know what store they got them at!). Kids are kids and are going to mess up and misbehave. You have to teach them what you think is the proper way to act in any given situation. But don't take Christmas away from them.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I am not spending much on my two. I am trying to teach them that Christmas isn't about getting a lot of things. It is about family and enjoying each other for the day. I plan to spend less than 100 each this year. Previous years we have spent about 500 a piece. I am going to keep it low for every birthday and holiday from now on.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I knew a kid my parents were friends with his parents and they literally gave the poor kid nothing but coal for xmas I can not even begin to tell you how badly this affected him..Kids aren't purposly bad just like sometimes we're not perfect do we always have a bad day on purpose as adults? Sometimes kids get in trouble but that's how they learn what they did was wrong..I would not imo skip out on xmas
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would not skip christmas neighter I would buy the Gifts and put them up and when I thought my daughter have shown me that she has done whats she ask of and been good then i would give the gifts but if not then she will have to wait to get them. Kids aslo learn by their mistakes and also teach them that ther actions can also follow them in to their adult Life.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When my kids started misbehaving A LOT my husband and I talked to them about th reason behind Christmas & that they would only receive one present from us (and one from Santa). It really helped keep the costs down & they stayed a little more focused on behaving so that their ONE gift would be really great!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 11:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i'm not wanting to skip christmas, its that there teens, they r not wanting to go to school, and there not following the rules, there just plain thinking they know everything! well then they want gifts that are way to expensive and i feel that they cant follow the rules then y go buy the bigger things they want ages 16-18, now my younger ones they are just being kids to me.....
    kileighsmommie

Comment by kileighsmommie (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2010