What states is the economy still doing well?

We live in Michigan where everything is going downhill. We already are downsizing our home by moving but thinking of moving out of state. What is a good state to move to? We use to have Jobs holding us here but DH about to lose his (what is now another company closes everyday and he is one away from losing his job). My job they are prediciting lay offs and I am one of the newer employees (only been here 4 years).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• I love living in Washington. I have lived in a few states growing up.. and I really think Washington is the best place to be. Depending on what you want for weather. We have everything you could want. I used to live in Spokane.. LOVED IT but had to move to take care of Family. Now I live on the water side and I love it here too. There are a lot of Jobs still here. Washington is still growing and we have a lot of people from places like Cali.. selling there million $ houses and moving up here. Homes are cheaper in Spokane.. but the min wage is lower. My sister owns a business in Spokane and she is always looking for good help. Email me if your interested in more information.

Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That is a tough one....some states may be doing better than where you're at, but overall, the entire US is feeling the affects of this recession. I am sorry for what you are going through. i would love to help you out and the only way I know how at the moment is to offer you help starting your own business, you can do it from anywhere. This business you are helping others with their health and building the business at same time.. very easy. I hope to hear from you. Good luck.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• don't come to Florida it's doing REALLY bad
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008