Can I drink wine while pregnant?

I just want to know if I can drink wine while pregnant or while you are breastfeeding?

angele41089

Asked by angele41089 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no you should not, it can affect your baby
    patricawright

Answer by patricawright at 10:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, you can.

Should you? Probably not. Avoiding it is safest.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My doc said towards the end of your pregnancy it shouldn't matter. "Shouldn't matter" is not good enough for me, why risk it?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They say 1 glass is fine. I never did though. I mean, why chance it? I think a glass while breastfeeding is OK.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have you not heard of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? No Alcohol while pregnant and not while breastfeeding!
    Your ob/gyn should have gone over this with you at your first appt after confirmation of your pregnancy....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If you can't go 9 months without it just for the pure risk it imposes to your child, you may want to look into AA.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have heard 1 glass of wine every now and then is ok. For me it is a huge no no.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Fetal alcohol syndrome doesn't come into play unless you are a heavy drinker, i.e. alcoholic. You have to have about 4 drinks a day, every single day of your pregnancy for FAS. No fetal harm has been shown from drinking one glass of wine a day. I had some while I was pregnant. I am not an extremely paranoid person and I put a lot of faith into science. If they say it is fine...then it is fine.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Some studies say that it does not hurt in moderation. However, I never did and won't this time.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think I will have to ask my doctor but I was told that by one of my friends!!
    angele41089

Comment by angele41089 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2010