Christian counceling for a new believer? adult content

im a born again christian who strade from her path the path was left thinking it will better my personal relationship with my so my burdens became magnified and his burdens became my problems. Now fed up with that life style the only way to find true happiness is to get back to where i started. how do i make this decision understood by my so and how do i find out threw questioning if this is something that he truely wants or may want for himself? i refuse to be unequally yoked or leave him struggling with immorality i refuse to go down to the levels of sin to bring him help him. How do i stay strong with my faith ministorring to him and restoring myself without falling myself again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Either go to your library or local bookstore and get the book "The Power Of A Praying Wife". This would be a good start.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• 'i refuse to be unequally yoked or leave him struggling with immorality i refuse to go down to the levels of sin to bring him help him. '
    I'm afraid this doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, what do you mean you refuse to leave his struggling? if he wants to embrace a particular religion that is his choice and business and you can't make him
    as for the rest of the statement, I don't understand what you are asking.

personally, I think any counseling to teach someone 'the way to live' or think, or anything along that line is not religion,
    that is a CULT!
    I've seen many people fall into that when they start 'religious counseling'

In my case I've seen a woman get sucked up into a 'study group' she now has hardly any friends because the 'study group' advised her to cut anyone out of her life that couldn't support the path she was on.
    cont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• cont anon-
    now the study group has kicked her out too because she wasn't surrendering herself enough- telling her that she can't truely learn the new way of thinking until she surrenders herself.
    claimed she was being too disruptive to those that were 'ready to be enlightened.'

please be careful! not everything is the way people are claiming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, I don't know your SO obviously so I don't know how "immoral" he is. What I can tell you is this 1 Corinthians 7:13-14 says "And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife." I know personally how hard it is to be unequally yoked. It really is a struggle. Have you prayed for his salvation? If you have, do not ask again for once you asked it was established. Instead, thank God daily for his salvation. Keep inviting him to Church. After I prayed, I kept saying, "Thank you Father for making "DH" a mighty man of God and on fire for Jesus." Since I started saying that it took about 3 months until he was saved. I know it can be discouraging and only you can decide what's best for you. But please don't lose fath. Please feel free to message me.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ok, you need to clarify your question. What are you asking exactly? What immoral acts are your husband committing? How are you unequally yolked? What are you wanting out of counseling? I am actually taking classes that can make me a Christian counselor (even though I'm not Christian) so I can try to help a bit but I need these questions answered first.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think anonymous who answered this just posted a question referring to my answer. Funny.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You shouldn't be with this man,since he's bringing you down,you don't need him,your faith is much more important.If you leave him it will be lonely for awhile but get yourself situated again like you were when you first met the Lord and the Lord will strengthen you,keep praying for strength and you'll have it.I was in a immoral relationship and I left my lover of 8 yrs.,it was truely a gut wrenching experience,I thought I could never leave him and then soon after I met my husband,so the Lord provided,he knew my needs.Even if you don't meet someone else you still need to establish yourself,be happy within yourself and no man can really do that for you.Just know what you want and start seeking it.Start praising God,sing praise songs when you are lonely and feeling down,this has helped and comforted me and made me feel closer to God.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like you're not married to him. You didn't mention what he is doing that is immoral. Have you been living with him? If you are wanting to renew your walk with God, that will need to be something that you change. Is he using drugs? I was a daily pot smoker for 17 years, and so was DH. When I gave my life to the Lord, He started on me to quit (He made it known to me in prayer that He wanted me to lay down the habit). It took me about ten months, but I did quit. I was worried about how DH would react. I didn't pressure him to quit, but he lied to me and said that he had. After a couple of months I knew that he hadn't been honest with me. It has caused a lot of conflict in our marriage because he sometimes does it when the kids are awake and thinks nobody knows, but he stinks. It's different if you're not married, though. Do you have kids together? I would pray about it. GL!
    Anonymous

• You need to talk to him calmly and tell him how you feel. And difintely pray for God's will to be done. He will give you peace when you are in His will.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010