Question about renting.

I am in Oklahoma, trying to find a place in Missouri. Over the weekend, I was in Missouri and found a place for rent that I would really like to be in. Should I call them today and offer to mail a check to pay a deposit on it or wait until the weekend when I'm there again to pay a deposit in person? Also is there anything I can do to ensure that I get this place?...tell him the awkward situation I'm in? Offer to pay a little extra for the deposit? Anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Just call and talk to the landlord.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You have already met the landlord. Call and let him know that you want the place and would like to know how he would like you to go about proceeding.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just call and talk to the landlord. I would not mail a check for the deposit though unless you have already signed the lease. Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Never offer extra money. If they will ensure the place and ask for a few more to do so then if you want it that bad work with it. If they accept your deposit right away that means you have the place. If you wait on when you are there the place might be gone. There is not need to tell them anything other then your desire to rent their space. Offer your deposit per what they are asking and if accepted you know your new address. Good luck
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Dont tell him about the situation ur in depending on ur siuation they may not allow u to move in. When i was looking for a place what I did was call and or email them and told them I was interested in seeing the place and asked what was the requirements to move. Than I just went from there
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 10:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree dont offer extra, and dont send money without signing a lease! Since you have seen the house it should be a simple process. But no one can tell you better than the people you are renting from as to what they expect. Be sure you are careful about whats in your lease. My current landlord snuck in a lot of crap on me without me noticing!! So just watch yourself FYI and congrats on finding a place..house hunting SUCKS!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010