can i check someone criminal background. adult content

I was told that a male staff at work has been to jail for rape and molestation. But he is working with patients that are disable. He has to change their diaper ect. One patient admitted he was raped. My question is can I check his background? And can't the employer get in trouble for not doing a background check? Also I wanted to add that I posted this question in this category so I can reach more people. In no way do I think this is funny. All comments are appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have checked americanwatchdog.com? Pedophiles have to register and this site makes this info available.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If you know his first and last name, you can check with the Dept. of Corrections website for your state. If he was arrested and served any jail time (for that state), then he would be on there including his charges, when it happened, etc. Also, if he is a registered sex offender then he would be on http://www.familywatchdog.us/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes you can check someone's background. It is a part of public record especially a sex crime. There is a site designed especially for that because rapist must register with the state where they live. I am not sure of the name so just research it but it is not difficult to find. As far as the employer maybe they were lied to and did not research extensively. I don't think they would get into anything serious other then maybe a fine and a warning to do better.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you should be able to get that information from your Govermnet center and yeah it is a pubilc record. or call the BCA ans see if they can tell you any thing.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• An employer can't do it without the employee's consent. There are databases out there but you have to pay to use them and they are usually limited to companies who provide background investigation services and not to any old individual who wants it. The information is considered public which means it should be accessible to anyone who wants access to it however it is usually categorized by name, date of birth, SSN, aliases, driver's license number, or a combination of all those things so unless you have that info, you may as well be looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Anonymous