book- "The Power Of A Praying Wife" not my thing. adult content

has anyone read that book? My Mother in Law sent me and my SIL that book. If it helps some, well then to each his own, but my husband and I, and my BIL and SIL got a huge laugh out of it!
there's a part where it goes on claiming that when a man wants sex, he can't focus or hear anything else while he is in that frame of mind.
now the joke is with my DH and BIL
'oh, what did you say honey? I can't hear you? I think I need some Lov'in!'

that book just strikes me as really saying 'hope that your husband find the strength to put up with you' and the book "The Power Of A Praying husband" comes off about the same way.
it sounds like 'hope that you can find the strength and patience to put up with your wife'

there's my take on that book-
if I ever acted that way towards my husband he'd probably walk!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Huh? Oh I'm sorry... I couldn't read this question because I need some lovin!

RAWR!

lol, Sounds like a silly book to me. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have read it. Didn't use it. Some people have really gotten some use out of it though. To each their own.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The first time I heard of that book was from the mother of my boyfriend at the time. He was abusing me and when she found out, right before I left, she told me that she would get me that book and it would tell me how to change so he would not abuse me anymore. It was a very sick moment. As for the book itself, I have nothing good to say about books that try to make women believe they are just a cross to bear for men.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I haven't read it, and from what you've stated, I don't want to. I do find that humorous though : )
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I really cannot believe some of the vote downs. Seriously some people around here need major help.
    Anonymous

• It doesnt seem like they think very highly of men. I mean really? I have read it and it seems like they would like to believe that men follow the almighty penis, and we, as their wives need to make sure they are satisfied. I read the bible, I am christian, but yeah...I did not agree with that book either. DH was actually offended(which is really hard to do)
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 11:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Never read it but I did enjoy the Proper Care and Feeding of a Husband book. I agreed with most of it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The book is not going to make sense to you if you don't read the bible a lot.I myself am not a bible reader or a church goer anylonger. I have seen the book here and there enough to know it's very scriptural. If you read the entire book there is more stuff about men being respectful toward their wives. You are taking one statement and generalizing the entire book. I think the resentment towards the book is more who gave it to you, and the intentions behind it. If someone is trying to FIX you by giving you a book, that would piss me off.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010