Is he having a bad reaction to his new formula?

First and foremost, if you are here to bash me for using formula.. goodbye.

My baby is 7 months old and started a new formula last week. Bad thing is he was sick when he started it, so I can't tell if he is still getting over being sick or if he is having a bad reaction to his new formula. All he did was switch from Similac Soy to Gerber Soy.
The day he switched he also had to go tot the dr and we found out he had a severe ear infection, so he had diarrea then... gas... fussiness... throwing up almost everything he eats, etc. He has now been on his antibiotics for over a week and still has these symptoms (they aren't as bad, but they're still there daily) and hasn't gone back to his normal eating routine.
Should I take him to the doctor again to check on his ears and mention the formula change as well?
I'm worried. :(

Bascically I guess I'm asking if it could be the formula change?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I had to change my son that is now 5 months old.. from Similac to Enfamil a few months ago -- the doctor told me that it would take about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks for him to adjust to it.. he had diarrhea, upset tummy, fussiness, gas and was spitting up some... so it may be that but I would be better safe than sorry and just make sure to take him to the dr so that the dr can check it out.. GL!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would mention it to the doctor, but it's probably a coincidence. He was sick at the time of the change, it's probably the sickness that is bothering his belly, not the formula.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010