Chicken breasts?

What is the best way to prepare boneless, skinless chicken breasts, including any spices? I'm planning on having couscous and green beans with it. Any suggestions?

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 10:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like to pound the chicken breasts down to about 1/4" thickness, dip into beaten eggs mixed with a little milk and then dip it into some Panko (Japanese Breadcrumbs). (Season the bread crumbs with a good amount of Course Salt, Freshly Ground Pepper and Garlic Powder). Saute the breasts in a little bit of oil until cooked through and brown and crispy on both sides. You can follow this same procedure and cut the chicken into strips to make Chicken Fingers. Or add cheese and marina to the original recipe to make "Chicken Parmesan".

5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 11:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• hmmm not too sure i like making my chicken breasts with honey dijon mustard..my kids n hubby love it..best of luck hope you get some idea's
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There are a ton of things you can do with chicken breasts! That is my favorite meat to work with. =) Go to the allrecipes.com website and type in chicken breasts and a ton of different recipes will pop up, then find one that you and your family would enjoy! I always go there when I need a new food idea =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would go with either chicken kebabs or moroccan stew.
    For both, the spices would be the same: cumin, coriander, maybe some clove and/or cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, dry oregano, garlic and fresh ginger.
    For kebabs, marinate them in the spice mixture and some olive oil and grill them. Serve them with pita pockets and tahini sauce or hummus.
    For a stew, brown the chicken, remove from the pot ,add the veggies of your choice (onion, garlic, carrot, celery, peppers, etc) and the spices, add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth or water and return the chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce, add drained chickpeas and let simmer until everything is cooked and well seasoned.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I actually make a lemon couscous chicken dish. I add roasted garlic, olive oil and the juice of one lemon to the couscous while it cooks. I boil the chicken in some broth, the juice of one lemon, salt and pepper. Then I shred or cube the chicken and mix it in the couscous. You could add a little curry if you like that flavor.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 2:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• thank you. : )
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Thank you, ladies!
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010