My colicky baby!!!

My new baby boy is a month old and is colicky, mostly in the early mornings/afternoon. What has worked for you?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The BEST thing in my life when my kids were colicky was baby gas drops. Some people say they don't work, but I LOVED them and they worked on my kids. Try and see if they work for you. I also had a position that seemed to put a little pressure on their tummy. Hold them like a football face down with their head up by your elbow and their body along your arm where your hand between their legs.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• gripe water worked for me
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 4:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Oh I am so sorry! Mine was that way. My first suggestions are for YOU...
    Put a big red circle around his 16 week "birthday" on your calendar… by then, the colic should be greatly reduced or even gone. It's silly - but seeing that day get closer really helps.
    When you are at your wits end, put him safely in his crib and go sit outside - even if it's just on your front door step. He's safe, now you need to recharge.

For the baby, I hate to tell you this but every colicky baby is different. You'll have to try lots of things and most will only work once.
    Infant swings (mine hated it)
    Gripe Water (so-so for me, good for hiccups)
    Gas drops (no luck here)
    White noise (pretty good for us - we used a CD called "For Crying Out Loud")

Check out the website www.colicshop.com for other ideas. You can get LOTS of ideas of things that worked for some other parent.

If you need a shoulder to cry on, send me a m
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I'm so sorry! It seems awful, but this too shall pass. My doctor gave us a prescription and I can't remember what was in it, but the pharmacist would mix it up. It seems it had some Mylanta (liquid) and spearmint in it? Try asking your pediatrician.
    bigbuttmomma

Answer by bigbuttmomma at 8:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• toss a blanket in the dryer, get it warm and swaddle her in it. walk aroudn the house wiht her, tummy to tummy. put her legs up to her tummy like you are doing reverse crunches wiht her and kinda press down a bit. (that's supposed to help them pass gas)
    those are a few things that worked for us. luckily we didn't have a colicky one longer than a few days.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I used warm water with a peppermint candy in bottle
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 2:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2008