Should I Head To The ER?

I had cramps off and on all day yesterday, and this morning I'm still having them. As of now they seem to be 2-3 min. apart, cramping in my stomach and some wrap to my back. I'm 19 weeks pregnant, haven't seen an OB yet, my Medicaid doesn't even become active until the first of November so if I'm going to do anything about this it'd be to go to the ER. I've been to the ER twice already this pregnancy, the first time I was having bad cramps, it ended up that it was just a UTI, the second was nothing really, I was dehydrated and my potassium was low, I'd just gone in because I felt very much like I had with the UTI and was afraid the prescription hadn't gotten rid of it! I had preterm labor with my son and he was born a month early, since I haven't been able to seen an OB yet I've been really on edge. I really don't want to rush to the ER over nothing again... but I don't want to not go if it's serious..... What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• HI,
    I would go to the ER since you have a history of preterm labor.... If they find that you are actually having contraction this early, they can give you something to stop them, and put you on bed rest. I went on bed rest at 24 weeks for the same thing... you dont want to have this baby early. tell the er tech that you are 20 weeks so that they have to send you up to labor and delivery to get your contractions monitored. at 19 weeks they may only see you in the er. you need to be seen by an ob..... GO Good luck.
    wyattsmom281

Answer by wyattsmom281 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• IF U HAVE TO ASK SHOULD I GO>>>>> GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Anonymous

• Call the ER and see what they suggest. It could be gas :) GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Do you have an OB you will be seeing once the Medicaid kicks in? If so, call the office. See if they think you should go to the ER. If they want to see you, tell them the situation and see if you can set up a payment plan for todays' visit.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Ok, I'm going, thank you everyone!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Wyattsmom. Tell them you are 20 weeks along. I am 17 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins and have gone to the emergency room 5 times already for severe bleeding and cramping. Every time they do an ultrasound and tell me the babies are fine. The last time, I was 14 weeks along and they were going to send me up to labor & delivery for an evaluation by an OB but then said, "nevermind, we can't do that until you are at least 20 weeks along" so I was admmited for observation on a section of the ER where I stayed for 48 hours. Anything before 20 weeks is treated in the ER as a threatened abortion/miscarriage. After 20 weeks, the pregnancy is considered somewhat "viable" and is referred to Labor & Delivery. Plus, the hospital will bill you for the charges and you can make payments. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    HollywithTwins

Answer by HollywithTwins at 1:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i have had two miscarriges and i would say just wait and if you start to bleed then go.
    good luck i hope everything works out for you!!
    hotmama174

Answer by hotmama174 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008