I think this is crazy, what do you all think?

My friend has a 3 month old boy and I also have a 3 month old boy. They are a week apart. Anyway, my friend keeps telling everyone that her son is talking, he can say mommy, hi, I love you and I need. I just think that this is crazy. I don't believe a 3 month old baby can talk and know what he's saying. Can a 3 month old really talk?

babygirlayla

Asked by babygirlayla at 11:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No way. He probably grunts and is vocal. And if you want to badly enough you can convince yourself that the grunts sound like words. My son started saying Da Da at 5 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• 3months???? I'm not an expert, but that does not seem possible.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Crazy.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• until i had my child i had no idea how parents could understand their toddlers (never mind babies). it might not sound like any word to you but there are different cries for different needs in infants, and i know for sure that infants can understand many things even if they can't speak the language - it's possible that her baby has noises that signify these things even if they're not real words.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree, it's crazy! Don't worry, everyone else that hears this from her thinks she is crazy too.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ive been thinking Im crazy! She's kinda comparing to my son like "is yours talking too"? I totally agree that they are just sounds but not real words. But she says he says them more then once? lol
    babygirlayla

Comment by babygirlayla (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have a 5 month old and I swear when he is mad he says. "I mad" while crying. I know he doesn't understand what he is saying, but I certainly sounds like "I mad." My husband and best friend can make it out too. LOL. Maybe we are all crazy!
    Britters_37

Answer by Britters_37 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no I doubt it I guess ya need to hear it for yourself sometimes this weird competition thing starts when you know someone with a child the same age I have been through it too, its annoying and I tune it out.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I swore my 5 month old said "no way" when he was being put down for his nap earlier today...but in reality no lol...I think she is hearing what she wants to hear by the sounds he is making...ask her to video him talking...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 8:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ur not crazy..she is..lol
    Jandr082908

Answer by Jandr082908 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010