Can cold/flu symptoms be a pregnancy symptom?

I have looked it up, but I'm still not sure if the sites I found were legit. So, I thought I'd ask on here to make sure. I'm really hoping that what I read was true, which is that it can be, but like I said, I want to be sure.
I feel like crap right now! I've got a headache, sneezes, stuffy nose, and coughing as of this morning due to sleeping with my mouth open last night because of my nose.

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 11:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes - one of the things that i discussed with my OB was that sinuses are much more sensitive during pregnancy. also, your immune system gets a little compromised as the hormones are focused elsewhere - takes longer to get over minor stuff.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't rely on that as a symtpom of pregnancy. That usually doesn't happen unitl after 15 weeks or so. Especially don't rely on it in the middle of cold season. Just take a test and go from there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm still in my 2 week waiting period right now...at least as far as I know. My body has been weird here lately. But, I'm a month and a half late.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have you taken any tests within that month and half???
    kmscsj

Answer by kmscsj at 11:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was at the dr the first week, and she took 2 urine tests and a blood test. they were all negative. but, it was more than likely too soon to tell then. i've been putting it off lately because i don't want to be disappointed if it ends up being a BFN.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think so, yes. I've felt similar symptoms all last week. The headaches, nausea. My period is due next week sometime and I'm hoping it arrives. Good luck for the test result you want. =)
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had cold/flu symptoms the week my period was suppose to be due with both of my pregnacies.. miscarried 2 weeks later with first.. but second pregnancies the symptoms were on and off for 3 weeks..my cousin also had the same symptoms right before she tested.
    tayysmommy

Answer by tayysmommy at 12:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010