Has anyone else received a positive result on your Quad screening? If so, how did it turn out?

My OB called me this morning and said my results came back negative for Down Syndrome but positive for a potential neural tube defect. He told me not to worry for now and I'll see a fetal specialist on Thursday...but I can't help but to be confused, and worried! I'm 17 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yep, they sent me for a level 2 ultrasound and to talk to a geneticist about family history.

the level 2 ultrasound took a long time because they check everything!

the geneticist explained the blood test to me, and explained my results which weren't actually a marker for anything according to her, but my midwife sent me to her anyway because I guess they just check for the numbers being off.

my baby girl was born perfectly healthy.

the fun part though was the level 2 ultrasound showed me some 4D shots on the screen :) it was cool.

Anonymous

• You see a specialists anyway for twins.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008