Children in horror or violent movies?

I was watching the trailor for Paranormal Activity 2 and thinking, WHY do they have to have a baby in it? Does it bother anyone else when they use children in violent or horror movies? It makes my stomach flip-flop.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• I won't watch it for that reason. The Hills Have Eyes is another one I won't watch for that reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think that is the reason they do it. It just makes it even worse.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I tend to not watch movies like that. I just saw the trailer last night and definitely won't be watching it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No it really doesn't bother me. They have ways of keeping the children completly unexposed to the real scary stuff. Ask Linda Blaire who did the excorsist. That baby probably has no clue that it was in a movie. A baby doesn't get freaked out by a door that opens by itself. And the first movie didn't scare me, so I doubt a baby would too! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i think it just makes it more scary & creepy. Honestly, the baby thing does trip me out a little, but they have no idea what's going on. The set probably looks totally different in person than on the big screen. What bothers me more, is when little girls are swearing & acting like adults in movies...like that one with the super hero wanna-be's. I forget the name...OH, kick ass, that little girl was so pretty, but was having to act like an adult. i'm sure she made a good buck, but it breaks my heart to see that. I did like that movie though...

I think they put the children/babies in there to add more effect to it. Children are so innocent, which makes the movie more intense in alot of ways.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There are babies and children in real life, so how could we cut them out of movies? How realistic would it be if there were no children? And if it's not at least somewhat realistic it's not going to scare anyone or be a decent movie... Children add a level of believability, especially to movies like this one where it's supposed to the story of a family and what they are facing. A "couple" isn't nearly as sympathetic as a family, and you can't have a family without kids... Why would it bother anyone? It's a movie, these are actors, they aren't actually being put through this stuff, they aren't being hurt or harmed, and their are making big bucks to be there in the first place...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2010