Horror Flicks

Since we are getting close to Halloween, do you enjoy watching horror movies? What is your favorite one?

I love horror movies year round, but I love to watch them when they come on tv for the Halloween season. I would have to say my favorite is any of the Saw movies. Just totally gory! Woohoo!

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• I love Horror, but there is a big difference between Horror and Slasher... I'm not a fan of slasher, I just find them horridly boring. I mean really, there are only so many ways to chop up the human body, and after a few of those films, there aren't many surprises left. It's honestly been a LONG LONG time since I have seen a decent horror flick... Even the ones the masses tend to love I just tend to find boring. I like suspenseful, psychological movies, not your average hide in the closet crap... I also like what I call realistic paranormal and based on a true story kind of movies. I want some kind of realism to my movies. If I watch it and can't connect to the real life aspect, it's simply not going to do anything for me. The last really good movie I saw was the Tattooist, and I'm hoping to go see My Soul To Take. Beyond that, I LOVE classic Horror - Christopher Lee, Bella Legosi & Vincent Price Classics! Awesome!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I get scared more by psychological thrillers. Gory horror just has shock value. Those are more fun with friends.

If I was to get friends together this year to watch horror flicks for Halloween, we'd probably get Scream, My Bloody Valentine 3D, Friday the 13th, the original Nightmare on Elm Street (because the remake was just... pathetically BAD), and maybe Halloween (because I've only seen H20 of the WHOLE series). And maybe White Noise 1 & 2 for the lulz.

But then, I've also never seen the original Japanese versions of the Grudge, the Ring, etc. and I've heard those were MUCH better (and scarier) than the remakes.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010