bringing on labour

Anyone got any good suggestions to start labour. Im currently 38+2 pregnant, so uncomfortable. A bit like an egg on legs really. Finding hard to sleep and keep getting twinges which of course Ive myself convinced things are starting lol. Please help!!!! x

Soph1411

Asked by Soph1411 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• go have sex
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Walking a lot and having sex doggy style is supposed to help. I tried both, but I ended up getting induced anyway. Someone also told me something about some kind of tea....I think raspberry tea is supposed to help. Maybe another mom on here will know what I'm talking about.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i was told to drink castor oil...not CASTROL but castor you can get it at the drug store. I researched it and there were both good and bad things said, it did NOT work for me. My doc told me to have sex and i did and the next day my water broke...but i think it actually broke before i had sex. even though coincidentally i had sex and my water broke i really think nothing can bring on labor until the baby is ready. my water broke and it took me 56 hours to deliver (c-section at the last min). best bet is sex, and walking. let gravity do its job!! good luck =)
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You can take Red Raspberry Leaf tea. But there is not guarantees. Sex. Get a monistat stick and push a Evening Primrose Oil capsule all the way up against your cervix. It will moisten and soften your cervix and make is easier to open because the baby is pushing on it. I don't recommend castor oil unless its a last resort because it can make the baby have diarrhea and then the meconium can get into his lungs. Its not good. You can take black and blue cohosh alternating between the two. One helps soften up your tissue down there and one is supposed to help start contractions. I did all of this for two weeks and nothing. When I gave up I had my baby a couple days afterward. Honestly that baby is going to come when he is ready. Nothing you can do about it. And you are not full term yet so its okay to wait. Babys lungs are the last thing to develop in preg so I would wait. I was 42 weeks when my little man was born.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• well if you have stairs or a hill in your area then mabe try walking up and down and that could help.
    sex would probly be a good way also but i would try both and see what happens!!!!!
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hotmama174

Answer by hotmama174 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Another thing to help get your cervix opened up is too straddle a pilates ball and rock your hips on it. Kind of grind on it. Rocking and swinging your hips in circular motions makes the babys head roll on your cervix helping it to dilate and efface. I did this too for several weeks and when I was checked after labor started I was already 5 cm dilated and 90% effaced.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 1:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Try as you might the baby will come when he wants. 41wks + 2 days with my first when she decided to come around. My second was on her due date, my boys were 36 weeks on the dot.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008