Cat rubbed up against ant spray or some other chemical.

My cat was outside last night and this morning it rained,so she must of been close to our apartments in the hidden nooks and crannies trying to get shelter.This morning my daughter said she smelled like trash and then I assumed she was marking her territory.Well I just smelled her to see for myself and it a awful chemical smell,just a small patch of it the back of her neck.She's been trying to lick it off,I assume the chemicals are burning her skin and that's why she's been licking.I'm afraid she will die from digesting it.Should I be feeding her milk to coat her stomach.The apartments been having problems with ants but this smell smells strong like paint thinner or some other strong chemical.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pets

• You can call your local poison control department and they can tell you exactly what to do. On top of that, bathe the cat. Just use whatever shampoo you use for your daughter.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Call your vet, and bath your cat with dish soap. My cat fell into a bucket of gas once and I thought for sure she was going to die from just the fumes. I called my Vet and they told me to wash her several times with dish soap, and to watch to see if she was starting to vomit or not and if she did to take her in. Good luck, hopefull your cat is ok.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• use dawn dish soap on kitty call vet if u can
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Could one of your neighbors used something like Frontline on her, thinking she did not have an owner and trying to keep her from bringing in fleas to their apartment ? Might try putting a collar on her so neighbors know she does have a home !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010