Why is it that when people go on vacation they leave their common sense and ability to follow speed limits at home?

I live in a tourist area, and it seems like everyone leaves all common sense in their hat at home. I get asked questions like "When do you turn the smoke on in the mountains?"
"What time do the bears come out?"

Savage640

Asked by Savage640 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hear ya there. We have specialty times for visitors here. Bike weeks, race weeks, then normal theme park and beach vacationers, and of course the snow birds (the part time residents) and it seems like three's always someone driving 10 mph under the speed limit and making left turns from the left lane instead of the middle turning lane.
    Mommy22boys

Answer by Mommy22boys at 11:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ha ha...

I drove up to Canada once and before I left my grandmother asked me if I would get confused when I got to the border. I asked her why and she said, "Well, you have to change sides of the road at the border!"

Yes, Gramma, and all Canadians live in igloos and ride polar bears or elk to work.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ROFL. Yes, I hear you. I also live in a tourist area-near Daytona Beach so we have lots of tourists. And likeMommy22boys-the people not knowing what the middle turn lane is for, is a real problem. Driving down the main road along the beach where the hotels and condos are, you can't drive in the left lane because people are always slamming on their brakes, and looking left, trying to find their hotel. UGH! . When I worked in a hotel, the two classic questions I got asked were "Can I drink in my room" I always said, "As long as you close the door, no one will know what you're doing in your room". The other one was that people would point to the door with the huge exit sign over it and say "Can we go out that door?" Duh!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No .... they really ask those questions? I think they prolly drive like maniacs at home too.

tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Wait! Someone actually asked you when you turn the smoke on in the smoky mountains???? I think I just had a small stroke...dumb just keeps reaching new levels!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010