Sandbox

I have a sandbox outside and I live in Indiana so it will probably be snowing soon. It has a lid on it, but I wasn't sure if your suppose to somehow take the sand in the garage or soemthing. I just don't want winter to get done and all the sand is all gross in there!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think as long as it is covered, it should be fine. does it have some sort of ventilation? If not, and moisture gets in there, it could cause mold to grow. I would make sure it has some ventilation for moisture to evaporate at least.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We left ours covered in the winter and added some fresh sand in the spring. The air could get in there for ventilation.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I live in the northeast so we experience the same weather. We just keep ours covered. The sand is fine in the spring.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 12:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• As long as the lid covers the sand completely. Even if some snow gets in it won't harm it, but it's best to keep the animals out of it during the winter season. As they'll bury things in there or use it as a bathroom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I just replace mine each spring...it is cheap enough to do.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010