I need some good brunch ideas!

Need to feed about 12 people and need it to be inexpensive. Any ideas, advice, or recipes would be great! Thanks in advance!!

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 1:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Food & Drink

• quiche! google quiche recipes. it's breakfasty because of the eggs but good any time of day. and cheap because eggs are cheap :)
    Anonymous

• Eibrot is a wonderful breakfast/brunch dish to serve people because it is delicious, relatively inexpensive and looks wonderful! There is a recipe and picture walk through on my blog here:

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/2008/08/best-sunday-breakfast-youll-ever-make.html

If it were me, I'd serve it with egg scrambles...easier than omelettes for a crowd and just as tasty. Continued..

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You can offer a variety of additions such as cheese, sausage, bacon, salsa, etc. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have excellent Challah. 2 loaves will feed 12 easily with this recipe. You'll need 3 dozen eggs (if doing the scrambles), a pound of bacon, a pound of sausage, cheese, 1/2 & 1/2, and salsa, plus berries if you want them. You can feed 12 all of this for about $35-$40...not bad, I'd say. Add some melon & pineapple if you like. Oh, and if you don't want to serve berries or don't have any good fresh ones available, a delicious alternative is to add orange zest to the Eibrot, both in the batter and with the sugar. It's absolutely fantastic!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Breakfast pizza....cooked, flattend cresent rolls topped with scrambled eggs, meat (bacon, sausage, ham...) salsa or rotel and cheese...
    fruit salad
    Cold pasta salad

Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Apple Raisin French Toast Strata-prep night before, refrigerate overnite then bake just in time
    INGREDIENTS
    1 (1lb) loaf cinnamon raisin bread cubed
    1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese diced
    1c diced peeled apples
    8 eggs
    2 ½ C half&half
    6Tb melted butter
    ¼ C maple syrup
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Coat 9x13 baking dish w/cooking spray. Arrange 1/2 of cubed bread in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle cream cheese evenly over the bread & top with the apples. If you like extra raisins, add them now. Top with remaining bread.
    2. In large bowl beat eggs with cream, butter & maple syrup. Pour over bread mixture. Cover w/plastic wrap, press down so bread pieces are soaked. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
    3. Bake 45 mins in preheated oven 325 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
    I often use 2% instead of 1/2 & 1/2 -it's JUST as good-and I use white (homemade sourdough) bread & add cinnamon & raisins instead of r
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 7:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Then for a savory if you wanted it do a basic tater tot breakfast casserole I also make these the night before. I'm a big fan of making the day of entertaining as easy as possible!
    12 servings
    INGREDIENTS
    1lb ground pork breakfast sausage
    12 eggs
    1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 (10.75 oz) can milk
    1 (4.5 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
    1 (32 oz) package tater tots
    1/2 C shredded Cheddar cheese
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Place sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and milk. Stir in the sausage and mushrooms, and pour into lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Mix in the frozen potato rounds.
    Bake in preheated 350 F oven 45-50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 7:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My mother in law just cooks up a huge oven omlet. She mixes up eggs, milk, cream of mushroom soup, cheese, bacon, green onions and throws in some little smokies and bakes it all. They guys LOVE it when they come back from hunting in the morning.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2008