What's the greatest memory from your childhood that makes you smile when you think about it?

mine is when i was small i rememeber going shopping with my great grandmother and grandmother and on our way home it was really windy..i used to say i was flying away and they would swing me and that memeory of my grandmother's n me together always make me smile when i think of them..seems like it was a much simplier time for all of us!!lol...corney i know..but it really does make me smile when i think about it!!lol

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Spending any time with my grandparents. We would spend usually a month out of the summer and I loved being there. It was so nice to be away from dad (he was abusive) it was just a safe place. My grandmother would sit out on the porch and watch me sing and dance. I use to make up songs and just sing to her all the time. I put on my show.
    We would sleep outside in the backyard in tents sometimes. My grandfather would give us extra wood from his construction jobs and let us make our own things out of them with nails and spray paint. It was just always so much fun and there was so much love and appreciation. I miss them so much, I live about 2000 miles away and haven't been able to go see them for the past 3 years.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Going blueberry picking with my grandma in the summertime. Also decorating Christmas cookies with her too. Putting on little plays (The Three Bears was a favorite) for the family with my brother, some of my cousins, and my grandpa.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That sounds like a great memory!

Mine, hands down, will always be Thanksgiving and Christmas spent at my Maternal Grandparent's house. It was a magical time spent with family, good food, and lots of traditions. Since my Grandma passed those Holidays haven't ever been the same. I would love to recreate that feeling I got every year, but haven't been able to yet.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have way too many to name! My favorite memories probably come from Christmas time. We had so much fun at Christmas time in our house. It is still to this day my favorite time of year. When the first bites of winter show, I smile bc I know my favorite time of year is on it's way. <3 I love my mom!<3
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We lived in Germany when I was little (my dad was in the Army) and at least 2-3 times a month, my mom and I would travel over to the German side of the city and go window shopping and eat at various little cafes. We would have a slice of cake or pie and I would have hot chocolate with whipped cream and mom would have coffee. It was one of the very few happy child memories I had. Seems like after we moved back to the US, everything went downhill.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My childhood fondest memory although sad, to this day it makes me smile. It was Christmas day and my dad had no money to get us a bunch of things and he very apologetically came up with a pair of skates, he had made with his hands doll furniture to sell that year to get the money for the gifts, but didn't sell much. His love shone through his actions and those skates were my priced possession.

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I lived across the street from our elementary school and on summer evenings it seemed like 100's of kids would gather to play until midnight. In reality it was probably 20 kids and we were called in by 9 when it got dark, but it seemed like those summer evenings were magical.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 12:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My mother ticlking us at bedtime.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• going fishing with my dad in the mountains. It was really peaceful up there.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010