how late would you let you son / daughter stay out till with their friends ?

chels992

Asked by chels992 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• depends on how old they are and who the friends are and where they are going and what they are doing.....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ^ That..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Depends on what they were doing, who they were with, and how old they were.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It depends on their age.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think it depends on the age. my daughter is only five so I don't have to worry about that yet but growing up my siblings and I had to be home by ten on the weeknights and 12 on the weekends once we were in high school
    Courtybell

Answer by Courtybell at 12:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• our laws are 10:30 for teens.... so that is the rule for our 13 yr old.... he likes to hang out in front of our home.
    My 15 yr old it depends on where she is but she isnt any where just 'hanging out' she is always at a friends home.
    my 9 yr old much earlier and she is always playing at someones home... she isnt allowed to 'hang out' unless it is light out.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My oldest is only 10.  They have to come home when it starts getting dark or 7pm.  Which ever comes first.  Although I sometimes make exceptions when I know they are out playing at a certain friends house and the weather is super nice.

When their older it will probably still be 7pm on school nights and a little later one weekends.  We'll figure that out when they get to that age.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It depends on age, who they are with and what they are doing.
    Standard rules in my house for my 16 year old is 9:30 on week nights, and my 12 year old is home when street lights are on.
    On weekends, the 12 year old still has to be home by 8:00, he can stay out until 9:30 as long as he's in our yard.
    For the 16 year old - its 12:00am on weekends. I also have to know who he is with and where he is going. I will call to make sure parents are home, and he has to check in.
    The only real time I allowed later than this, was for homecoming for the breakfast after the dance. The whole class went to a friends house, her parents made breakfast and watched movies with the kids. I called the parents to make sure he got there and they let us know when he left. He was allowed out until 3:00am due to the arrangements made.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• depends on age if between 12 and 16 maybe till 11:00 on weekends and 9 on school nights
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i need an age! 10-15 years old, I would say 8 PM, 16-17 midnight
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010