In your opinion, what is the best kitchen floor vacuum?

I use a dirt devil 2in1 and it pisses me off daily. I've had a number of tank vacs over the years also. I use a shop vac before I wash, but it is big and cumbersome. I'm thinking about getting a little shop vac (1gallon vs the 3 gallon I have) but would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

What is the best floor vac? And what kind of floor do you use it on. We have tile (which also pisses me off daily.)

donnareedonLSD

Asked by donnareedonLSD at 11:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I just bought a Dyson (which pisses me off too). It works really well. But you have to really maintain it. You have to empty the canister every time you use it. You also have to clean out the brush at the bottom often. If you do those things, it's a great vacuum.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We use an Electrolux Ergorapido ultra. It's a stick vacuum with removable little vacuum for small jobs. We use it on our vinyl and wood floors, but some of our house is carpeted. My parents have a similar model, and they have wood and tile floors.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Does the Dyson work well of bare floors, mompam?
    donnareedonLSD

Comment by donnareedonLSD (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We also have a Dyson for the carpet, but I think it's too bulky for the rooms without carpet.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, it works great on my kitchen tile floor. I thought it stopped working recently. I was so mad, but I just cleaned out the bottom part and it works great again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have a Dyson, also. I love it. My mom got one, too. It works great on carpet and non carpet floors. I don't think it is bulky, but my moms is different an I think her extension is a little aggrivating. I like being able to take the filter off, wash it out, and put it back on (after dry) easily. The bottom plastic also comes off to make cleaning the brush easier.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 12:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010