Feeling Irritated

My dh & I have both been married before & had kids with our previous spouses. Since both our kids are very similar in age, I find myself talking to him about my kids in regards to everyday things, mostly related to school activities &sports involving them. Recently my kids did a charity walk through our church& he didn't have too much to say about it except, "oh good". The following week his ex wife told us she was signing his kids up to walk for breast cancer awareness. When she found out my kids walked for a charity recently, she went on and on about how wonderful that was. When my husband and I got back to our house, he too couldn't stop talking about how wonderful my kids walking in this charity was. This seemed to irritate me because it was clear he didn't have the same interest when I brought it up before. How can I get my husband to have the same reaction to my comments as he does to his ex wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like maybe you are making too much out of this.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Sounds like he's still attached to his ex-wife,who got the divorce,him or her?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Maybe its not because its his ex-wife, its just someone else gushing over your kids. I know my husband really doesnt listen to me over 75% of the time, then when the issue actually comes up he responds like its the first time he has heard it. I am sure its not because its his ex-wife, it could have been anyone but YOU and he would have finally responded. Why do men do that haha!
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 1:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Talk to him and let him know how you feel when he does this. just tell him when i tlk to you about blah blah you dont have the reaction i think you should have how can i get you to tlk to me more about blah blah etc... fill inthe blanks
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010