what side is the side that a pregnant woman is suppose to lay on and what not side to lay on that cuts off the babys oxygen?

left or right side

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• Call your doctor and ask,that way u know for sure!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You're not supposed to lie on your back.  I don't think it matters what side you lie on.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's the left side, but I always ended up rolling over during the night. I just rolled back on my left side when I woke up a few times during the night.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I've always heard that your suppose to lay on your left side so that the baby doesn't press on your liver. I've never heard a problem with oxygen. I'd ask your doctor because. The baby gets oxygen from the umbilical cord.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Left is best, but either side is great!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• neither side will cause your baby to not get oxygen, laying on your back *can* cause pressure on blood vessels and lower both your heartrates, but your position isn't going to suffocate your baby
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You can lie on either side, but left is a little better. Try to avoid laying on your back.
    The aorta (the main artery carrying blood away from the heart) arches down from the heart and lies along the vertebral column (spine), which is behind the uterus, so when you lay on your back, the weight of the uterus pinches the aorta to lower blood flow to the uterus and placenta and your legs.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010