chuck e cheese was a disaster yesterday...

has anyone had a horrible birthday party experience at chuck e. cheese?

i knew it was going to be a little crazy, but my hostess was terrible and disorganized.

when i made my web reservation, i ordered 2 extra pizzas for my adult guests. they brought out the pizza for the kids, 20 minutes later one of my guests tells me they just ordered a pizza, which really bothered me because i didnt want anyone to pay for anything. i told him we should be getting our pizza any minute, but my hostess was nowhere to be found half the time. she finally said i didn't order more, and then i showed her my receipt, she said they'd be out in 10 minutes, which ended up being another 25. she didnt explain the schedule of events so we sung happy birthday twice, which wasn't a big deal but it would've been nice to know so we weren't cramming pizza, cake and presents all at once. some girl stole my daughter's tickets, and..

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you have an Incredible Pizza in your area you might try them. Here they are MUCH better than Chuck E Cheese. Also, I would contact the manager about your experience, your hostess should have done a better job and you should at least get a free pizza or some tokens.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There is not enough booze on the planet to get me into a Chuckie Cheese lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was able to avoid the whole chuck e cheese debacles with my kids - we never went.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Wow, that's terrible! I have only had good experiences there. I bet the kids had fun anyway. Don't stress!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I used to work there, and it most likely wasn't the hostess fault!
    I'd ask the manager as to why this all happened and what the rules are, you'd be surprised! The hostess probably had to choice but to be somewhere else. They give the locations little to no labor, so everyone has to to 3 things at once. as for the mix up with your pizza, I bet they store wasn't given the correct info. I wish I'd had a dollar for every party that showed up that we weren't notified was coming due to some computer error!

often people try to drop their kids off there and then leave them while they go shopping or something.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with that little girl.
    cont-
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the update. It is a shame that you had all of that trouble. I agree with you to not have a party there again.

Answer by Bmat at 1:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Chuck e cheese is a disaster in general. Feel bad for those that have to work there.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• 'but it would have been nice for her to be more concerned about the fact my daughter's tickets were stolen then "oh was she allowed back here?" like i would have any knowledge of that. she could have gotten the manager for me, and i could've shown him the video, where i had proof of what was happening. they could've located the girl, everyone has to be checked in with an adult, and a nice conversation with the adults would've satisfied me just fine.'

I agree that would have been nice, but they either aren't allowed to do what you suggested, or management doesn't allow it.
    Last I knew, the policy was to not confront people about their kids in general. The hostess very well may have spoken to the manager, and the manager probably told her to handle it herself. I saw it happen many times!
    They either don't have the time or desire to come and watch people's videos to see about things like that.
    cont-
    Anonymous

• anon cont-
    as for showing more concern, they are told to not say much about anything since it opens them up for finger pointing saying they are taking personal responsibility.

I know it all sounds terrible, but I imagine that the hostess did exactly what she was told, it doesn't mean that she wanted to act that way.
    it's not fair, but that is the way it works out.
    Anonymous

• im sorry u had a bad experience :( ... but the most important thing is that.. the kids had fun!!! sometimes u have to excuse others for being Aholes...so its up to you to excuse theses ppl to make sure your child have a great b/day....well at least they gave you free passes and pizza :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 1:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010