Do you use search engines before you post your question?

I answer a lot of questions here that the answers can easily be found through using a search engine like google or yahoo. When I ask a question I ask something that I want personal imput on.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 1:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree that if someone is looking for info, they should google first. If they want personal experiences, they should ask in the Questions section of CafeMom. If the topic is something near and dear to their heart and they want to learn and share personal experiences, they should join a group on CafeMom and stop littering the Questions sections with their crap. I mean, how many times are the same types of questions asked again and again and again????? Of course, some questions should never be asked (i.e. "am I pregnant?"). DUH!
    Anonymous

• I ask questions for advice. If I've ever asked something easily google-able, then I'm not recalling it now. Google is your friend, people. Use it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm with you and agree fully! I am the same way
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Sometimes, if it's an actual option. And btw, it's iNput, not iMput.
    Anonymous

• Some people want the points for asking questions.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I only ask questions on CM if I need advice. Anything else I need information on I google it. I wish others would to because it is VERY annoying to see others ask questions that a simple googling could answer. I don't care about points on CM so rarely ask many questions on here.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't ask anything I can Google. And I Google before I ask. LOL

I asked a question the other day that not only could I not find a reasonable answer through searching, I didn't get great answers on here either. LOL It was a no win situation.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I rarely ask questions on here, but if I can google it, I don't ask it here. But I do have a problem re-wording things, so if I can't find something, someone else might think of another way of putting it so they can find the answer better.
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• sometimes its about getting the opinion/advice of other moms rather than seeing the evidence from an online source.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 2:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My appologies, anon, for the typo.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010