Mommies, would you be pissed if I ate an ear in front of your kids?

My good friend puts on a pretty elaborate haunted house on her property every year with trick-or-treating. She gives out awesome candy bags too. She totally goes all out.

Well this year as part of the haunted house I have a mad scientist set up with a table full of glowing beakers, a strobe light, black lights, and glowing body parts. I also have a jar full of random jelly candy body parts that my friend suggests that I take a bite out of a body part every time a kid goes through.

She never allows young children to go through the haunted house, she has a person up front screening kids and passing out candy to the little ones. Would you be pissed if I ate an ear?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yeah.. I think that's kind of pushing it..I vote the scary stuff should wait till the kids are all the way in. Just in case. You wouldn't want some mom coming after you the next day because her kid was up with nightmares all night. Just play it a little save. You never know.
    Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no! it's a haunted house! HAVE FUN WITH IT!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Heck no, I think it would be GREAT!!! I mean, you said no young children are let through, so why not do it? Older kids appreciate that stuff...especially the ones that are drug out by Moms to go with their little siblings. Give them some fun that nigh too!!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 1:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• absolutely not, its all apart of the halloween fun, things like that go with haunted houses, I am just wondering how you are going to feel at the end of the night with all of that sugar in your belly
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Haha, hell no! If someone would be insulted or whatever, then they shouldn't be going through a haunted house in the first place!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no i would call your vangough!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Nope. Sounds cool! Espcially if it's obviously not a *real* ear.
    Anonymous

• Just post a note that this will happen in the haunted house, that way they have fair warning, and it covers you. Otherwise, they enter at their own risk. Have fun, sounds great, but oh...the calories. LOL.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 2:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• No if they are okay with going through a haunted houses then they can take you eating a fake ear. Now if you had a chainsaw going, i would run and scream..lol!
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That's all part of the fun, go for it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008