Should I get Plan B?

I'm on birth control, but my husband and I had unprotected sex on friday night (he did get some semen inside me on accident) and I had missed a pill on that day. It's now monday. Should I bother getting plan B today? Or do you think one missed pill will make a difference? An unplanned pregnancy would be devastating at this point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can you ask your doc or a pharmacist?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Did you take 2 the following day? If so,you're probably fine without the Plan B

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It probably won't make a difference now.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would call your doctor, but I think the plan B (from my recollection) is good for up to 72 hours after unprotected sex.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Take the missing pill. Catch up for what you missed. If you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember, then continue the rest of the pack as normal. I wouldn't worry about getting Plan B. If you miss 2 or more pills in a month, then you need to use a backup method. In the meantime, you might try setting a reminder on your phone or something to take your pill. Or you can try Nuvaring or an IUD so you don't have to take something every day.
    Also, if it's been 3 days, Plan B wouldn't be very effective. The sooner you take it after unprotected sex, the better it works. Up to 72 hours. At this point, it would only be something like 62% (I can't find the actual answer, but I know it's not high).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010