Why do unions get so pissy if you don't like what they stand for?

Every brush I've had with unions has made me want to take my money as far away from them as possible... they try to use power and manipulation instead of good service to secure business.

Why not just work to be competitive, instead of being an organized group of bullies?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    Replace *union* with Christian Church.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• <-------- religious debate is that way. Feel free to repost the question, editing as you see fit.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• LOL, I'm just saying, MOST organizations are like that, no matter if they are political or religious in nature.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Interesting isn't it? Someone at my husband's job tried to start talk for a union and the other employees told him they had interest in it. There is a union in a city a few hours from here and every year they strike. Finally the company they work for has gotten tired of it and is leaving the area. The members are mouthy and nasty to anyone who dares to not support them 100% no matter how ridiculous they are being. Unions were started for a good reason but it's gotten so muddied that they are really pretty much purposeless anymore.
    Anonymous

• Unions were good in their time, but their time is past and now all they seem to do is use the union members money to support political causes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They seem like a bunch of thugs and I agree that their time is past.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Unions have been pretty much busted up in Cali.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Same reason pious people get all in a huff, they believe that unless it is total "recognition that they are right" it detracts from their infallibility. Ugh!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Why not just work to be competitive, instead of being an organized group of bullies?

Because, it pays better to sit back and enjoy the perks of tax payer funded agenda driven legislation.  Oh, and the power ain't bad either. 

I can't stand the unions I know about and believe the EFCA to be the death of business in our country.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• NAFTA has done more to hurt our economy than labor unions have.

Just something to think about...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010