ofcourse you can be friends with the oppsite sex...

I have seen this question alot and figured that most people knew the difference. YOu can be friends with the oppsite sex but you need to have rules when it comes with it. Don't become emotionally involved and don't let the attraction people you confusing you or what is going on.. NOw that being said why do married women become friends with single guys knowing that they have a hidden attraction to them? I am married and the male friends I have I am also friends with there spouse so that the women knows I am not trending in her space and the relationship is strictly friendship. I don't hear deep dark passionate stories of there life or how much they hate there wives. In My PO that is when they emotionally get attached. What do you think? Would you be friends with a single guy if he is romantically attracted too you?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 1:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I think men and women can be friends. I have had many male friends. But if it uncomfortable for your DH/SO I think that rules and boundaries should be set. If an attraction on either side develops I think the friendship should cease. Its better to remove temptation than to fall into it.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Would you be friends with a single guy if he is romantically attracted too you?

No. Thats just asking for trouble, gotta leave it behind and move on. No other relationship (other than your children's) is more important than your marriage. Also, I have noticed that even being funny tends to come across as flirting to men and leads to assumptions and having to correct the situation. I think friends with single men just ends up being a bad idea, Men always want what they cant have!
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 1:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If he's romantically attracted to me? No way. I value my marriage too much. I have a single friend, but he's also friends with my husband. We understand each other on that point. He won't ever try to break up a marriage and I don't want that to happen either. If we hang out, its usually with my husband there, or we stay on the porch.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no i would not be firends with them but i do have single friends of the male sex but them know that is all it is and all my other firends are married
    momoftwo125

Answer by momoftwo125 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I do not have any male friends. I mean I do hang out with my GF's Hubbies, but it is always as a couple. DH is the same way. It is just what we feel ok with. If your cool with friends of the opposite sex then thats cool. Everyone has different standards when it comes to relationships.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 1:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I could be friends because i know that i am not willing to cross that line nor am i willing to loose my family over something like that! I am a strong believer that emotional cheating does exist and i also think that is worse than a sexual relationship or an affair b/c cuz if the other person has your heart you being with me everyday means nothing if thats not where you wnat to be?!
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have never seen that type of "friendship" work out. There had been rules in place. They got broken. I've had more than one man tell me that men do not go to women for friendship. That is something they have with other men. But no, I don't think that married women should be friends with single men and married men should not be friends with single women. If there have to be rules in place for a friendship so that no one develops romantic attachments and sleeps with each other, it seems clear that any friendships between the opposite sex are a very bad idea.
    Anonymous

• men and women can be friends without sex
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• lol- IMO there is no such thing as a friendship without emotional attachment.
    If a guy told me that he wanted to date me, I'd say no. My husband and I have rules when it comes to my guy pals and I honor them.

Sure, I'm the gal pal, but keep in mind with that position comes telling husbands that your wife may appreciate flowers every once in a while, probably doesn't want new garbage cans for her birthday, and doing dishes every once in a while could earn them some nice husband points.

as far as discussing intimate things, hear it all the time, but don't assume that the resutls are bad. I've actually received thank you notes from some very thankful wives who are now being sent to the moon vs counting how many tiles are in the bedroom ceiling!
    gal pals can be a wives best friend.
    assuming of course there are boundaries and they are respected.

note: the 'lessons'I've given men on how to please are verbal :)
    Anonymous