How to tell my friend that her Duh cheated?

My friend is in labor at the hospital as I type this. Her Duh is over there with her. I just found out that her Duh is having four somes with people(some of these people have STDs) I'm just so heartbroken for her. I want to tell her whats going on but I don't want it to turn around and ruin our friendship because she may not believe me. She has been telling us that her Duh changed when she got pregnant.. leaving her alone at home all the time. Wouldn't let her go to mutual friends houses with him. Even made it so uncomfortable for her mom to spend time with her pregnant daughter this weekend that she left 2 days after she got here and even cried because of how uncomfortable he made her feel. My friend told me that her Duh wouldnt try to get to know her family or spend time with them after she was pregnant. Apparently from the text messages he has been cheating for a year maybe more. Please help should I say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Duh?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would not say anything right now.... very bad timing. Wait till she is home and settled and you can see she is doing well at home with the baby. Are you sure your sources are correct? This is such a sensitive time I would weigh everything before saying something.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would say something but I do not think now is a good time, go to her with proof of some kind, and be ready to comfort her.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just tell her I would. If they have some kind of STD tell him and her to get tested. Proof is always best and who ever your source is maybe have them get more evidence
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Not unless you have concrete proof. You'll just end up in the middle and turned around to be the bad guy.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That is crazy! Omg i dont even know what to say?!
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The STD's and whatnot are nothing to mess around with. God forbid your friend get something to risk her health or the health of any future babies she may conceive. As hard as it would be, I'd say something. I'd wait for a better time to do so, but ASAP would be best. Him cheating is major, but what he is doing is just downright disgusting. Sorry your friend has to go through this, poor woman.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• tell her now go and tell her straight up what kind of a man she has dont wait
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I am guessing that Duh means darling unmarried husband. Don't the OB's check for STD's when you first go there, so they can treat the rewborn? If she is IN Love, she will not believe you. Maybe you should tell her mother first. I would bet that he isn't going to stay and raise a child. He sounds to much like a player.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Actually this happened to me once do it and you'll lose a friend.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010