how much would you pay/charge?

im selling a used queen mattress set. but dont know what to ask for it. its not a pillow top its a standard spring mattress.

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 1:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• I would never buy a used mattress. That's a little gross.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I usualy donate them and get a receipt for the tax write off. I personally would never buy a used mattress, knowing that their are way too many "fluids" and lord knows what else from strangers on them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Donate it to Goodwill and then you can use it as a write off. I couldn't do the whole used mattress thing. Creeps me out.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i would either but its my daughters so i know theres nothing wrong with it
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• wouldnt*
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'd say a couple hundred bucks. Take a quick look at craigslist and see what they're going for.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Around $50. Mention that its been vacuumed for dust mites - that's gross, and usually what puts people off from buying used mattresses.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Look on ebay and get an idea what they go for.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I bought a used queen set a few months ago for $80 with the frame, off of Craig's List. I made sure it looked (and smelled) clean when I went to get it. I had no problem with it - I was a little worried at first, especially with thinking about bed bugs and such, but the lady's house where I went to get it was clean and I had looked online to see what to look for when looking at a used mattress. I guess the fact that it had been used for younger boys made me feel better about it somehow (no strangers having sex on it - eeewww). We needed to buy 3 new bed sets all at once when we moved - the water bed was not going to survive another move, I had been sleeping on a sofa for 5 years since a car accident, and my daughter wanted a bigger bed - money was not there to buy 3 new beds and the frame daughter wanted - so she got a new frame and a used mattress - we all were happy !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• New mattress were at a low end only around $200 and went up from there - so I thought $80 was a fair price. Plus the lady was planning to buy bunk beds for her boys, so I didn't argue the price (otherwise, I might have asked her to take less).
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010