What do you think about this??

YOur marriage is falling apart and your husband is never around. He isn't cheating he is working more and more to avoid comflict with you cause most convo turn into fights... You have suggested working things out and he has agreed and things start to get better. But you have a secret, You have been seeing a friend from HS it has been years and you guys are finally catching up. YOu realize that what your feeling towards him is more then friendship and he has made you feel happy and at peace with everything. What do you tell your husband? Do you continue your forbidden friendship? Do you let the emotion for another man linger or end everything and let your husband know?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 1:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• If you really want to work it out with your DH.. then cut everything off with the other man & tell your DH..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'd end everything. Don't two time, or let a infatuation cloud reality. It most likely isn't this old friend that you have feelings for, but you just like the way he makes you feel....it's the feeling special that's attractive, and if your husband was doing the same it wouldn't be an issue at all.

It's not fair to anyone, your husband, kids, this old friend and yourself to start a relationship before you've decided to end another.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree with Supperr!

Answer by older at 1:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Hmmm...I think you better be careful what you post on a public website. You wouldn't want your husband to find out this way, would you? Aside from that, I think that anyone new is always going to seem all romantic and exciting. I'd end it now before alot of people get hurt (including you)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You are unhappy and lonely right now. Any man who gives you attention is going to make your heart beat faster. This is no way LOVE. Settle things with your husband, seek counseling, fight so you can make up afterwards. whatever. Do look for trouble.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was in this postition 6 months ago...I left my husband and don't regret the decision at all. I was not happy... I never would have been. He had his own life and his own dreams and none of that had room for me. I'm happier and more successful now and I'm with my HS friend and we are extremely happy together.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It sounds like you are just looking for happiness and think you have found it with this friend, but going behind your husband's back is wrong. You need to fess up to what you have done and either work on your marriage or end it, but cheating is not the answer.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh this isn't about me just something interesting I read
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If I really wanted to work things out I would stay but if I was truly unhappy then I would leave.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010