How can I get healthier?

I had to run after my 2 year old today and I thought I was going to die! Major wake up call. I know I need to eat better and exercise but any other tips? And thing that can make a difference quickly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• Eat better and exercise. The end.
    Basically, watch the processed foods and sugar and salt intake. Then, start walking! Do you have a good stroller? You can put the kid in the stroller and go. Or take your kid to the park with a ball and run around and play with her/him! You'll get a good workout! Keep doing this regularly. You can also try doing exercise videos at home. Your kid might be old enough to participate. When I exercise at home, my 2 year old says, "Exercising!" and does what I'm doing. I love it! It shows me what a great example I'm setting for him, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• start small. cut out processed foods and soda. drink a bit of coffee, park further away from buildings. Limit your tv or computer time to a few hours less then you usualy watch. cut out large meals. eat more often, eat when you are hungry, and stop before you are full. snack on produce. put sweets on the bottom shelf of the fridge and do squats to get them. have lots of munch foods on hand. (granola bars, carrot sticks, small crackers/exc.) and do something else instead of eating when you are upseat or stressed. take a walk, play a song you like, clean something. spend time with the kids. It doesnt seem like much, but it all adds up. you need to focus on building your energy, and raising your metabolism. Dont worry about your weight. (throw away the scale, or at least hide it). worry about your health. Its easier then you think.
    kiwigoddess

Answer by kiwigoddess at 2:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010