For those of you who have tried marriage counseling....

Did it work?
Is there low income counseling?
Do they also counsel you alone?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• You can get low income counseling through Catholic Charities. When my ex and I went it was $5 a session.

It can be beneficial if you both are open to it and to actualy listening and trying. We did well until the counselor told me ex he was a sex addict and porn addict and needed individual counseling as well. At that point he hollered "Everyone is ganging up on me" and stormed out. That was our last session and after still trying to make it work for 2 more years I finally left for good and divorced him.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Some of the local colleges offer counseling at reduced prices. Couples counseling never helped me with my hubby. He's really private and can't stand to have strangers tell him he is wrong. To be it depends on the people if counseling helps or not.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I went through couseling through my Paster at Church and it really helped me and my other half at the time.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my XDH and I went through 5 yrs of couples counseling and it actually helped us make a decision to get a divorce...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• NOt only should both partners be willing and open to counseling but the counselor should also know how to help the two of you manage your marriage. Therefore, try out different counselors before settling on one...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If u are in the military they offer free marriage counseling, also many churches offer low income counseling.Me and my hubby went through about 5 sssions and it did us a great deal of good.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010