Going to try for a girl!

I have heard from numerous midwives about some natural steps I can take to make my chances for a girl great, has anyone tried to have a certain sex? Did it work for you?

ThaSs

Asked by ThaSs at 1:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I used the book "How to choose the sex of your Baby" by Dr.Shettles. I know alot of people say you cant pick the sex of a baby but I believe their is things you can do to increase your chances. Read this book it helps alot! I used the book and did exactally what it said to do and I got a Boy which is what I was trying for. If you have sex right at ovulation your chances for a boy are greater. If you have sex a few days before ovulation then your chances for a girl are higher. This has worked for 6 people in my family. I figure if it might increase your chances why not try.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have sex before you ovulate and not right around the time of ovulation. It is supposed to help a little.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• have sex all the time..girls sperm are much ore stronger themn boy sperm
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ive heard having sex after ovulation and not before is suppose to increase chances, because the female sperm dies off slower than male sperm, ive heard that from two successfull midwives, they have each have a 80% success rate, of course its not garaunteed, but I wonder if anyone has tried that?
    ThaSs

Comment by ThaSs (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Thank you so much! I will find that book :)
    ThaSs

Comment by ThaSs (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• they are all just old wives tales, you have a 50/50 chance no matter what you do
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• All of those tricks are just nothing but crap. You just have to give it a try and hope for the best. Don't waste money on wives' tales.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010